We're going to use the Chakra System to guide us into reflecting about the previous year. While answering the following questions, take 3 deep breaths focusing on the corresponding chakra. Write your answers down on a piece of paper to review later on.
1. Starting with the Crown Chakra, which is above your head, ask yourself; How have you felt in your spiritual life? What did you learn about yourself and the world around you this year? Did you make any spiritual goals for yourself or deepen your meditation practice at all?
2. Next up is the Third Eye Chakra, located in between your eyes. How have you been using your intuition this year? How connected do you feel to your inner voice?
3. Moving down to the Throat Chakra, located in your throat. How have you been communicating with yourself and others this year? Have you been expressing yourself authentically or do you feel like there's still space for growth?
4. Next, we'll move onto the Heart Chakra, located at the center of your chest. How have you been taking care of your emotional needs this year? Have you been connecting to others in meaningful ways, making time for self-care, or growing more compassionate towards yourself?
5. Now we'll move onto the Solar Plexus Chakra, located at the center of your abdomen. How have you felt in terms of your personal power and identity this year? Did you make any strides in terms of achieving your goals or developing a stronger sense of who you are?
6. Next is the Sacral Chakra, located about four inches down from your belly button. Have you felt the desire to get to know new people, or deepen your current relationships? Have you allowed yourself to feel into your emotions?
7. Lastly, we'll look at the Root Chakra, located at the base of your spine. How have you been feeling in terms of security and stability this year? Have you been creating a strong foundation for yourself, finding new ways to increase your income or simply feeling more grounded in the present moment?
After you've answered all the questions, do not read them over until tomorrow. This will allow you to look at your answers from a more objective viewpoint. When you do come back to them, review your answers and see where you sense a feeling of lack, disappointment, resentment, or any type of unsettling emotion in your writing. For example, for question #3, if you felt like you hadn't been expressing yourself authentically in 2022, you know that in 2023 you want to focus on the throat chakra. One of my favorite ways to acknowledge chakra blocks is to listen to chakra meditations on YouTube as I go to sleep at night. And of course, if you work with Chakrubs, you can also work to move your sexual energy up from the crystal into the corresponding chakra each time you have a self-love session.
Questions? Ask in the comments below!